Antipov Aleksey Gennad'evich, Design engineer, "Peleng" LLC (6 Druzhby street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Gurin Evgeniy Ivanovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of computer engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Terent'ev Andrey Viktorovich, Deputy department manager, «JSC Radiomonitoring Technology» (building 1, 20 Sofyi Kovalevskoy street, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Nowadays, methods of digital processing of continuously incoming information at a high frequency are widely used in various fields of science and technology. In many cases the performance of signal processors is not enough, the only option is to implement specialized processors on FPGAs. In scientific literature publications on the subject matter are quite rare, so the subject of the article seems to be quite relevant. The purpose of the study is to develop specialized processors based on FPGA allowing to perform preliminary calculations of characteristics of continuously incoming information at high frequencies and transmission of the results for the final processing to the CPU.
Materials and methods. To ensure high performance of continuously incoming information processing the authors used conveyor calculation methods and methods of digital signal processing
Results. The authors developed a structure of the specialized pipelined processor of FPGA-based digital signal processing for preprocessing and transmission of the results for the final processing to the CPU and experimentally studied the units of the developed processor.
Conclusions. The method for selection of processor nodes parameters, described in the paper, can reducehardware costs. The methods for calculating frequency characteristics allow to determine the characteristics of internal signals and nodes of the processor inside the FPGA, which simplifies the setup of real circuits.
1. Layons R. Tsifrovaya obrabotka signalov [Digital Signal Processing]. Moscow: Binom-Press, 2006, 656 p.
2. Pasko R., Rijnders L., Schaumont P., Vernalde S., Durackova D. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2001, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 408–416.
3. Vetrov Yu. V., Davydenko A. S., Tsarik O. V. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Informatika. Telekommunikatsii. Upravlenie [Scientific and technical bulletin of Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University. Informatics. Telecommunication. Control]. 2009, vol. 2, no. 76, pp. 14–20.
4. Patent № 2450422 Russian Federation, MKI H03D 9/00. Mnogokanal'noe adaptivnoe radiopriemnoe ustroystvo [A multichannel adaptive radio receiver]. Kolesnikov V. V., Smirnov P. L., Solomatin A. A., Terent'ev A.V., Tsarik O. V., Shepilov A. M., Shishkov A. Ya. № 2011119466/08; appl. 13.05.2011; publ. 10.05.2012, Bull. № 13.
5. Patent № 2458360 Russian Federation, MKI G03S 13/46. Sposob i ustroystvo opredeleniya koordinat istochnika radioizlucheniya [A method and a device for radio radiation source coordinates determination]. Nalivaev A. V., Naumov A. S., Smirnov P. L., Solomatin A. I., Terent'ev A. V., Tsarik O. V., Shepilov A. M. № 2010151734/07; appl. 16.12.2010; publ. 10.08.2012, Bull. № 22.
6. Maksfild K. Proektirovanie na PLIS. Kurs molodogo boytsa [FPGA design. A crash course]. Moscow: DODEKA, 2007, 408 p.
7. Tarasov I. E., Potekhin D. S. Razrabotka sistem tsifrovoy obrabotki signalov na baze PLIS [Development of FPGA-based digital signal processing systems]. Moscow: Goryachaya liniya-Telekom, 2007, 250 p.
8. Voevodin V. V., Voevodin Vl. V. Parallel'nye vychisleniya [Parallel computation]. Saint-Petersburg: BKhV-Peterburg, 2002, 608 p.
9. Graham P., Gokhale M. Reconfigurable Computing Accelerating Computation with Field-Programmable Gate Arrays. Springer, The Netherlands, 2005, 238 p.